Social Networking Done Quickly - Horaay for Hootsuite
I know you've heard this and you may be tired of hearing it BUT if you have a business, you should be using the social networking tools available for free and there is a way to do this with minimal time expended. When this topic comes up with friends or coworkers, inevitably everyone is concerned with the time it takes to keep up with twitter, facebook, facebook, fanpages and so on. There is a solution.
There are several free online services that allow you to write your tweets, or Facebook entries, etc and then schedule them for the future. I've found Hootsuite. I like it because so far its been easy enough for my right brain self to figure out and it allows me to update my Facebook Fanpages specifically... not just my Facebook account. And just recently they created a firefox add on that allows you to update without having to log on to hootsuite each time. When I'm browsing the web and what to "hoot" something I just click the little hootsuite button on my toolbar.
There are lots more services out there and the technology is changing all of the time and if you're like me you just need to pick a service and stick with it. I spend an hour or less on Tuesday and brainstorm and list of things I want to tweet or whatnot. Then I go on Hootsuite and type and schedule each entry to post throughout the week. I can get my entire weeks worth of social networking done in one hour. Voila! Now go create and be amazing.
There are several free online services that allow you to write your tweets, or Facebook entries, etc and then schedule them for the future. I've found Hootsuite. I like it because so far its been easy enough for my right brain self to figure out and it allows me to update my Facebook Fanpages specifically... not just my Facebook account. And just recently they created a firefox add on that allows you to update without having to log on to hootsuite each time. When I'm browsing the web and what to "hoot" something I just click the little hootsuite button on my toolbar.
There are lots more services out there and the technology is changing all of the time and if you're like me you just need to pick a service and stick with it. I spend an hour or less on Tuesday and brainstorm and list of things I want to tweet or whatnot. Then I go on Hootsuite and type and schedule each entry to post throughout the week. I can get my entire weeks worth of social networking done in one hour. Voila! Now go create and be amazing.
