

Began teaching my second series of classes for beginning jewelry making and metal arts with classes like Soldering, Sawing and Bezel Setting Basics. I have to say I'm really enjoying this new venture. I love meeting so many new people and its very cool to be able to introduce this craft in such a great environment. Most of the students are true beginners and some just as scared of the torch as I was when I first began. Even the most timid students are warming up (no pun intended) to the torch and eventually laughing at my jokes too. Their work has been amazing and really inspiring for me.
Everyone seems to be having as much fun as I am as more students sign up for the remaining classes after they've taken my first class.
The photos show a simple ring (everyone makes 3 in the soldering class) and one of my students hard at work filing metal... she did really well and by the end of the session had some of the most imaginative pieces.
I look forward to scheduling some more opportunities to teach and if you are interested in learning more about classes or tutoring, send me an email.